THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Exciting News!

Some exciting news happened to me a few weeks ago but I haven't been able to post anything for some reason. I'm going to try today though! Anyway...I entered some Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) in Quilting Arts Magazine's Blog Swap. I made 5 of them (5 was the max you could enter) and a week or so later I received a notification that my ATC's were being considered for their "coffee table" book that they are putting out. I'm the 4th person from the Fiber Art Traders group that has been notified of this and it is really exciting! I'm hoping that the blog will let me post pics of the cards for you to see. My parents, siblings and my darling boyfriend are very proud of me and I think it surprised them because I'm not one to do the "hey look what I made! Isn't it fabulous???" thing about my art. I show them what I'm creating and then sit in a quiet corner at family gatherings to "work" on the piece that I've brought with me. Then it's most often given away as a gift. The tell me I'm breaking out of my shell! lol Well here hopefully is a pic of one of the ATC's being considered. I call it "Out of the Swirls". As you can see my penchant for Fairies was used. It is thread embellished.

3 comments:

JenW!~ said...

Your cards are wonderful. I love them all.

AliKat (WOTFGM's) said...

Congratualtions Vix and your postcard is gorgeous, the colours are soooooooooooo rich. Love it, love it, love ittttttttttt.

Unknown said...

I just saw and read this and I am sooo proud of you Vix!!!! (((hugs)))