THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, July 14, 2006

Blue Toes for Blue Monday!

I had the best time making this card! It is my latest challenge winner in one of my FAVORITE yahoo groups too! I couldn't believe that I won the challenge either cause there was this adorable blue elephant that I thought for sure would win. It was for the Fairie Goddess Mother's group latest challenge put together by Alikat!

The theme was Blue Monday. Gosh did I have a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do for Blue Monday because at first to me it sounded so sad. Then the more I thought about it the more I wanted my Blue Monday to reflect happiness! I just happened to be looking for a fun color of nail polish in my big ole' manicure box and came across one that I'd bought a few years ago (that probaby should have been tossed in the garbage after that long! lol) and it was this cool shade of metallic blue! My idea was born! Who doesn't love the memory of being a young adult, sitting in your room on a beautiful spring or summer day polishing your toes a funky shade of blue then propping your tootsies up on the window sill and admiring your work? That was what I thought of when creating this card.

I want to thank all of the girls and guy (BlueRose, Leni, Sharon, CJ, Jodi and Leafy Dude - Love and hugs to you all!) from Fairie Goddess Mothers who took this challenge. I was in great company with talent abound! Everyone did such a wonderful job with this challenge so we are all winners because we let our imaginations take us into a beautiful Blue Monday!

6 comments:

Alikat said...

Great card Vix, maybe I will just call ya TWINKLE toes from now on. So you going for the triple when I set up the next challenge :0)

x

CalicoDaydreams said...

Beautiful postcard!

I must confess to having blue toes and fingers in high school in the early 90's. (hangs head in shame)

Your postcard is wonderful and the toe ring is a nice detail!

Unknown said...

Hey girl..........huge congrats to you on your winning card!!!

This made me so happy when I saw it....

~Vix~ said...

LOL Thanks Alikat! I'll be in the next challenge for sure cause these are great and I love doing them but don't know if I can outlast the creative talent of the other girls! These darned things are nail biting when the voting is so close!!!

~Vix~ said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with having had blue polished toes at any time. It's when you have yellow polished toes that it's ICKY! lol I remember my sister had this polish called Canary and OMG! it was the most aweful looking thing on the toes - they looked diseased! Go for Blue any day!!!

~Vix~ said...

LOL Thank you Linda! Happy feet can't be beat! This was such a fun card to make and these challenges really keep you on your toes! (pun intended lol)