THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, July 02, 2006

An Evening In Paris!

Well no, I'm not going to Paris, BUT, I did happen to create a postcard that just might take you there in your mind! lol Fiber Art Traders has been invited to do a display for The Hygienic Art Gallery in New London, Connecticut. The theme is - An Evening In Paris! The girls in my FAT group have been busting butt creating some really great cards to be displayed. These will be sold to generate funds to keep The Hygienic open for artists of all media. My card is called Musee de Louvre. It depicts the beautifully modern Pyramid lit at night in front of the Louvre's lovely architectured building. It took me almost 3 days to decide and a few more days to get it exactly how I wanted and I finally completed it last night and remembered to take a photo of it. It is 3 dimensional and I guess you could say interactive (since the pyramid can be lit with an on/off switch), and most likely not a mailable post card. I will be mailing it off tomorrow in hopes that the USPS doesn't disappoint me and it gets there by the deadline on July 7th. Keep your fingers crossed. Please feel free to leave a comment - I need feedback since it's my first "Interactive" post card! If all goes right I should have a copyright on it soon.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this card Vix!!! For me, it brings back my not able to put the DaVinci Code Book down! :-)

~Vix~ said...

Thank you both Linda and Carolyn! I was so nervous that I wouldn't get this to work right but it did. I'm glad to have the feedback! Oh and Linda - that was one of my inspirations for the postcard too. I loved that book and it was so hard to tear myself away from it to do fun stuff while I was on vacation reading it. lol Hugs, Vix