THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, January 05, 2007

A Cute and Quirky Doll for a Good Friend

This is the doll that I made for my good friend and fiber artist, Normajean Brevik, for Christmas. The pattern I used is eleanor peace bailey's "The Zaftig Fairy". I did make a few adjustments here and there and she turned out just adorable! (If I do say so myself! lol.) The fabric I chose for her body represents the colors of the sea and her hair is a piece of an orange feather boa ponytail holder that I'd been itching to use. Normajean loves the sea and the color orange so paired together this little lovely makes one cute and quirky little doll. I really love this pattern. It was so much fun to create and the stance of this little beauty is one of inspiration and strength.

4 comments:

Cory said...

Vix, How absolutely adorable she is! I bet NJ loves her. Great job. Cory, fellow FATtie

Carolyn in Kentucky said...

Vix, you did a fantastic job on this doll, she is too cute for words.

~Vix~ said...

Thank you to both of you Cory and Carolyn! I am loving this doll making stuff I'm doing! Not only does making the dolls make me happy but I get to make others happy when I give one to them! Hugs, Vix

Angela said...

Wow this is lovely Vix. I used the pattern for my goddess dolls for the FAT swap a while back. It really is a fun pattern