THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Flitter of the Dragonfly



I just mailed 3 of these dragonfly blocks off to some of my Fairie Goddess Mother (see the link to the right to check out the group!) friends today - Carolyn in Kentucky, Ginabee in Florida, and Lynda in New Zealand. They were made for the FGM's monthly Wonderous Wings swap. So far we've done Butterflies, Bats, Ladybugs and now Dragonflies. All the girls are so talented and it's nice to get paired up in different groups to trade each month - you get a little creative piece of everyone involved. I can't wait to assemble all of the blocks I recieve throughout this 12 month long project. It may sound selfish but I think I'm going make special quilt just for me since I have never made myself a quilt! :-)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Your block is great Vix, so vibrant. I don't think it's selfish to make something for yourself once in a while!

Susan said...

That's an excellent idea! And no one will appreciate the quilt as much as you will, so you deserve it! :)

~Vix~ said...

Thanks Angela and Susan!!! I'll post pics once the quilt's all done - just won't be for a while until the FGM project is done. lol

Carolyn in Kentucky said...

Vix, I love my dragonfly, it looks even better in real life than in the picture. Don't ever think it is selfish to make a quilt for yourself. After all, your Wonderful Wings blocks were made for you.