THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh My Goddess!

I wanted to post a picture of one of the Goddess Dolls that I have created for a trade I'm hostessing at Fiber Art Traders. I have named her the Goddess of Dragonflies. I love dragonflies almost as much as I love fairies and pelicans! This is my very first attempt at making a doll of any kind (I'm not counting the pin cushion that I attempted and fell apart. lol).


I'm very proud that she turned out as nice as she did - it took me a while to get the pattern from my head and into the fabric. I used a commercial pattern for her body but designed her wings all by myself - another first for me! lol Her wings are poseable - I sewed some pipe cleaners into them and, well, nearly broke a needle on the first try because I wasn't paying close enough attention. lol I fixed the broken pipe cleaner and sewed them up. I hope you enjoy her as much as I did creating her. I've got a few more Goddess Dolls cut out from patterns that I took a stab at designing, so I am sure that I will post more pictures soon. I'm addicted to these gals! lol

2 comments:

AliKat (WOTFGM's) said...

This is fantastic and with the wings it would have been a perfect swap for the FGM oh well :0( maybe next time

Angela said...

You know I love this goddess Vix! It's great to see you blogging again!